Western NSW Local Health District and Coonabarabran Health Service would like to alert the local community to a temporary trial to change the clinic times at Binnaway Primary and Community Health Centre.
Due to a decreasing number of appointments being booked in at the Centre, times at the Centre will now be 9am to 1pm, Monday, Wednesday and Fridays.
These new clinic times are being introduced on a three month trial basis to see if these times and days suit the needs of the local Coonabarabran community.
Primary and community health services available at the Centre include:
- Community Midwife: provides a smooth transition between hospital and home for new parents and their babies. Maternal checks, infant health checks, mothercraft, breastfeeding and general support is available by phoning (02) 6826 6130
- Continence Nurse: for information and education on bladder and bowel health for children and adults phone (02) 6826 6128
- Foot Care Clinic: diabetic foot checks, nails trimmed, general foot care and advice with referrals to a podiatrist if necessary. Please phone (02) 6826 6128
- Generalist Community Nursing: provides wound care at the centre and in the home as required. Palliative care and assessment and referral to appropriate services. Please phone (02) 6826 6128
- Aqua Fitness: seasonally at Binnaway by phoning (02) 6844 1401
- Speech Therapist: by appointment only by phoning (02) 6826 6134
Please note that Binnaway Primary and Community Health Centre is not an emergency service. In the case of an emergency, please call triple zero (000).
Coonabarabran Health Service can be contacted on (02) 6826 6100 for all appointments for any of the above services and for any other general enquiries.
Coonabarabran Health Service is located at 101-103 Edwards Street in Coonabarabran.
Media enquiries: Brendan Williams, Media Manager, Western NSW Local Health District via email@example.com