Western NSW Local Health District and Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP) recognise that the mental health and wellbeing of our local communities is of the upmost importance. As such, a free short course 'Community Support Skills' has been organised for people in Molong and the surrounding areas.
This short one and a half hour training course helps participants recognise when someone may not be travelling so well with their mental health and what friends and family can do to help them get the support they need.
The short course includes:
- signs that someone may not be travelling well
- understanding services and how to access them
- how to have a conversation with someone you're worried about and encourage them to seek help
- finding and providing help
- how to help someone at risk of suicide
- how to look after your mental wellbeing
Details of the event are as follows:
Date: Thursday, 2 March 2017
Where: Molong HealthOne, 103 Bank Street, Molong
Interested people should RSVP to Social Care Coordinator, Alex Collins on phone (02) 6392 3400 or email email@example.com.
For more information about the course, please contact RAMHP Coordinator Di Gill on 0427 460 430 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media enquiries: Brendan Williams, Media Manager, Western NSW Local Health District via email@example.com