Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD) Health Promotion are hosting a Forum to discuss the future of healthy eating and active living in the bush in Dubbo on the 7th November at the RSL Club.
WNSWLHD Health Promotion Manager, Lyndal O’Leary, said “This Forum will provide health staff, government and non-government agencies the opportunity to hear from a wide range of voices and opinions on the challenges, opportunities and potential solutions to improving the health and wellbeing of communities across western NSW.”
The format for the day will be a mix of speakers and panels.
The key note speakers included:
• Natalie Molino - Executive Director, Sandro Demaio Foundation
• Meredith Claremont - A/Executive Director, Centre For, Population Health, NSW Ministry Of Health
• Nicki Bardwell – CEO, Fair Game Australia
• Christine Innes-Hughes - Deputy Director, NSW Office Of Preventive Health
• Christine May, Former Health Promotion Director
The day will be facilitated by Mr Doug Tutt, who has an international reputation for his innovative work in tobacco control.
Facilitated expert panels will be covering the following areas: Health into the future, Working with community, Future directions for childhood health and well-being, and Getting people active” stated Ms O’Leary.
“It will be a thought provoking day.
“We are aiming for people to leave the forum, feeling inspired to look at different ways of working, engaging with communities and partners, and identifying opportunities to improve health outcomes.” Lyndal said.