As at noon, Monday, 23 March 2020, Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD) is providing care and support to a total of 12 people with confirmed Covid-19 symptoms, ranging in age from 18 to 67 years. This includes:
- 10 overseas acquired
- 1 known close contacts of confirmed Covid-19 cases
- 1 unknown source
In all cases, contacts have been followed up and tested where appropriate, and the people involved have either entered home isolation or have completed home isolation. NSW Health wishes to thank all those individuals for their co-operation.
Any new case and their close contacts will similarly be asked to self-isolate unless hospitalisation is required. Those affected are contacted every day to check that they are well.
All travellers returning or arriving from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days. This applies to everyone, even if you have no symptoms. Please follow the home isolation guidance
NSW Health is continuing to trace and respond to cases as they are diagnosed to slow any spread of COVID-19 in the community.
To help protect the community people are asked to:
• clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
• cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
• avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
• stay home if you are sick