As of 4.00 pm Wednesday 25 March 2020, there have been a further six cases of COVID-19 identified in the Western NSW Local Health District taking the total number of positive COVID-19 results to 21.
The cases of COVID-19 are located in Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Weddin, Dubbo Regional, Mid-Western, and Orange Local Government Areas.
All cases notified were diagnosed after travelling overseas or being in contact with a confirmed case.
In all cases, contacts have been followed up and tested where appropriate, and the people involved have either entered home isolation or have completed home isolation. NSW Health wishes to thank all those individuals for their co-operation.
Any new case and their close contacts will similarly be asked to self-isolate unless hospitalisation is required. Those affected are contacted every day to check that they are well.
All travellers returning or arriving from overseas must self-isolate for 14 days. This applies to everyone, even if you have no symptoms. Please follow the home isolation guidance.
NSW Health is continuing to trace and respond to cases as they are diagnosed to slow any spread of COVID-19 in the community.
To help protect the community people are asked to:
- clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
- cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
- avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- stay home if you are sick
- keep your distance from others as much as possible through social distancing
For advice and information about COVID-19 visit