Work is progressing on the new Gulgong Multi-Purpose Service (MPS) with the last of three concrete pours set to take place on Monday 18th March 2013.
The new Gulgong MPS is being built to the north of the recently opened HealthOne and will link into the existing building, complementing the facility with services including:
- HealthOne – primary and community care and a Level 1 emergency care service
- 4 sub-acute beds providing post-surgical and medical rehabilitation care, palliative and respite care
- 6 high care residential aged care beds flexible in usage to accommodate residents with low care dementia in a secure environment
- Clinical and operational support services
- Diversional therapy to provide therapeutic activities for aged care residents and non-acute patients receiving maintenance care or rehabilitation
- Space for family members to meet with patients, a north facing patient lounge, family room and quiet room and courtyards
- Discrete and separate entrances to the site for Ambulance and other service vehicles.
The Gulgong MPS is a joint partnership between the State and Federal governments.
Gulgong Health Service Manager, Judy Ford said she is excited to see work progressing so well on site.
“This final concrete pour marks an exciting time for this project. I know that both the staff here in Gulgong as well as the wider community are thrilled to see such a tangible milestone being reached for the project,” said Ms. Ford.
Media are invited to witness this exciting milestone at the Gulgong MPS on Monday 18th March at 9:00am.
Contact: Please advise Gulgong Health Service Manager, Judy Ford on 0428-656-603 if you are able to attend this Media Opportunity.