The annual Western NSW Local Health District (LHD) Health Awards will be presented at the
Health Awards Expo in Dubbo on Wednesday. The Awards Expo will showcase excellence in health care and formally recognise projects and initiatives that have lead to improvements to health outcomes and patient care.
Western NSW LHD Director of Clinical Governance, Di Wykes, said the awards recognise the significant contributions made by healthcare teams towards improving patient safety, clinical quality and health system performance.
“The awards give the District the opportunity to formally recognise the invaluable efforts made by teams to improve the quality and safety of care and services provided. The award ceremony also gives participants the opportunity to meet, network and form partnerships with other health professionals within the District.
“Our Health District is very proud to showcase these outstanding projects and initiatives, some of which will go on to be nominated for the 2013 NSW Health Awards,” Ms Wykes said.
The ten finalists were selected from 42 entries and will present their projects at the expo. The presentation of awards will be held in at the Dubbo RSL Club on Wednesday 17 July 2013. The theme for the day will be Patient Based Care
The 2013 finalists are;
- In Safe Hands: Structured Interdisciplinary Bedside Rounds (SIBR)
- Marang Dhali – Eating Well: An Aboriginal food and cooking program
| || |
- Improving Dental Services through Collaboration
- Participation in Early Access to Stoke Thrombolysis
- It pays to be well connected
- Up and at ‘em – A trial of Early mobilisation in Elective Orthopaedics in the Rural Context.
- Establishment of Specialist Geriatric Medicine Service
- Preventing falls in an older persons acute mental health ward
Western NSW Chief Executive Scott McLachlan said he is looking forward to his role as a judge at the Awards Expo.
“The awards reflect the district’s encouragement of innovative, patient centred models of care,” said Mr McLachlan.