Staff at Dunedoo Multipurpose Service (MPS) and the Dunedoo Health Council would like to wish everyone an enjoyable Christmas and to remind people to take care during their celebrations.
Dunedoo MPS Health Service Manager, Christine Warwicker said there are some simple precautions to take during the summer festivities. These include:
- Drinking plenty of water
- Avoid excess alcohol – pace yourself, sip drinks and have a glass of water between drinks
- Plan your celebrations – how you will be getting to and from an event, who will be the designated driver?
- Be aware of mosquitos – cover up and use an effective insect repellent
- Use sun block when you are outdoors, as well as wearing a hat and loose long sleeved clothing
- If travelling or in a farm vehicle for long periods of time, remember to have a short break every two hours to reduce the risk of driver fatigue
Christmas time can also be a stressful time, so keep in touch with your neighbours, family and friends.
Media enquiries: Brendan Williams, Media Manager, Western NSW Local Health District via firstname.lastname@example.org