There are no longer restriction on visitors to aged care residents, including those in Multipurpose Service (MPS) across the Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD).
The following conditions will apply:
- ALL VISITORS are subject to COVID-19 screening and temperature testing.
- There are no longer restrictions on the number of visitors a resident can have each day or at one time.
- Visitors are not required to wear a mask.
- Subject to conditions, residents may leave to attend events.
- Local visiting rules may apply. Please follow the directions of Health Service staff.
WNSWLHD Director Rural Services, Sharon McKay, urged all local residents to continue to be vigilant and to protect themselves and their loved ones.
“It's great that we are able to permit visiting, but COVID-19 remains a very real risk, particularly for vulnerable people such as the elderly, and those with existing health conditions.
“It's incredibly important that we continue to screen visitors to aged care residents carefully. If you have even the mildest symptoms, or if you've recently been to a location where COVID-19 has been a concern, then please leave your visit to another time.
“If you have any symptoms associated with COVID-19 it's really important that you self-isolate, get tested and remain in isolation until you get a negative result."
For the latest information on COVID-19, including symptoms and where you can have a test, go to www.health.nsw.gov.au