A A (02) 6809 8600

Emergency numbers

If you are currently experiencing an emergency, please call


More Emergency Numbers

We Love Feedback

We Love Feedback

Let us know about your healthcare

We really do love feedback. There are a number of ways you can get in touch with us.


Contact Western NSW Local Health District

Contact Details

Western NSW Local Health District ​​​​​​​

PO Box 4061
Dubbo NSW 2830

(02) 6809 8600 ​​​​​​​

Making a complaint

The care, comfort and satisfaction of you and your family is important to the staff and management of the Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD). It is our aim to meet the needs of all our patients/clients.

We believe that it is important for you to give your opinion about the services you receive from us. Your feedback will help us improve services and is most welcome.

Should you have any questions or concerns about your treatment in hospital or in the community we want to hear about them.

There are four ways you can raise any concerns you may have:


​Let your hospital staff know

We encourage you to let the nurse, doctor or health professional involved know that you have a concern. You should also discuss your concerns with the manager of the ward or department so that they may work with you to find a solution.


Contact the Manager of the Health Facility

If you don’t feel comfortable discussing your concern with those involved, you can contact the Health Service Manager/General Manager of the facility.

The Health Service Manager/General Manager will:

  • Identify the main concerns you have about the care you received
  • Assist with any specific needs you may have while in hospital
  • Answer any questions you have about our services, hospital policies and procedures
  • Ensure your complaint is treated confidentially
  • Keep you informed about the process and outcome of your complaint


Health Service Managers/General Managers are available Monday to Friday, during business hours. For assistance outside of these hours please contact the Director of Nursing or the Senior Nurse on duty.


Complete our feedback form/send us an email

Please complete our feedback form and the information you enter will be emailed to our staff directly.




    Contact Western NSW Local Health District or the Health Care Complaints Commission

    If you are not satisfied with the management of a complaint or you wish to make your complaint about a non-hospital based service within the Western NSW Local Health District, you can put you concern in writing to:

    Contact Details

    Mr Mark Spittal ​​​​​​​

    Chief Executive
    Western NSW Local Health District
    PO Box 4061
    Dubbo NSW 2830

    You may also contact the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC). The HCCC is independent of the public health system.


    What is the Health Care Complaints Commission?

    The Health Care Complaints Commission receives and assesses complaints about health care practitioners and health care services (generally referred to as health service providers). Anyone can lodge a complaint with the HCCC.


    Lodging a complaint

    The Health Care Complaints Commission can be contacted on 1800 043 159. The Commission will explain the process of making a complaint and provide assistance if you need it. Complaints must be in writing and may be made about the professional conduct of a health service provider that affects the care and treatment of an individual.

    Contact Details

    Health Care Co​mplaints Commission ​​​​​​​

    Level 13
       323 Castlereagh Street 
       Sydney NSW 2000
    9-5pm, Monday to Friday

    Locked Mail Bag 18
       Strawberry Hills NSW 2012

    (02) 9219 7444​​

    Toll Free phone number in NSW:
    1800 043 159

    People using telephone typewriters should call:
    (02) 9219 7555

     (02) 9281 4585


    ​​​​ ​​​​​​​​​​