Commitment to Closing the Gap
Western NSW Local Health District is collectively working on initiatives to grow and enhance our Aboriginal workforce across clinical, non-clinical and leadership roles. With a commitment to Closing the Gap on the employment status between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians, our Local Health District has a target focus on providing meaningful employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
We’re excited to share that our opportunities and training pathways are expanding and below, job applicants will find new tools to start building their careers with us. Candidates can also express their interest in working for our Local Health District by completing the Register Your Interest form.
Stepping Up is NSW Health’s new dedicated Aboriginal Recruitment and Retention online resource. This website supports our commitment to grow our Aboriginal workforce and offers a wide range of information and tools to improve the employment and experiences of Aboriginal employees within our Local Health District. Stepping Up aims to:
- Support job applicants in understanding how to apply for roles in our Local Health District
- Assist job applicants search for jobs online
- Provide information on Aboriginal identified positions and support documentation
- Assist applicants with their confirmation of Aboriginality
- Provide careers information and information about NSW Health training pathways
- List local contacts for advice and assistance with recruitment
You can visit Stepping Up for more information.
Our District strongly encourages job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Jack Fletcher – Manager Aboriginal Employment
Kimi Halipio - Policy Analyst
Aboriginal CAMHS Priority Advisor
Liam Harte - Paramedic & Acting Station Officer
Wendy Bryan-Clothier - Aboriginal Health Management Advisor