Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Employment Checks

Understanding employment screening checks

In accordance with NSW Health policy, a number of employment screening checks are required for preferred applicants seeking employment within NSW Health facilities. These include

  • Employment Checks – Criminal Record Checks and Working with Children Checks (PD2013_028) 

  • Occupational assessment, screening and vaccination against infectious diseases (PD2011_005). 

For more information regarding employment screening checks, you can download the relevant policies from the NSW Health website.


National Criminal Record Checks and Aged Care Checks 

The National Criminal Record Check Consent form can be found in the application kit section of eRecruit. When completing the National Criminal Record Check Consent form please consider the following: 

  • List all names you have been known by. This includes your maiden name/s, previous married name/s, and names that you were known by as a minor - for example if you were born John William Smith and at age 5 your legal name was changed to John William Brown. 

  • If you are known on your passport as Elizabeth Lee Smith and on your driver’s licence as Libby Lee Smith, ensure you include both names as one of these names would be considered your primary name and the other your alias name.

  • Include all of your addresses from the last 5 years.

  • Include your contact details, licence details and passport details (if applicable).  

All employees working in an aged care facility will require an Aged Care Check at point of recruitment, and every 3 years thereafter. This will be identified in the Position Description of the role you are applying for.  

Working With Children Checks 

All employees working in child related positions are required to have a Working With Children Check. This requirement will be identified on the Position Description of the position you are applying for.  

It is the responsibility of the applicant to have a current NSW Working With Children Check. You will be prompted as part of your application to supply this information if required. 

If you need to apply for a NSW Working With Children Check you can make you initial application online. Once you have made your application, you will need to visit a Service NSW Centre to have your application verified.  

If you are applying from another Australian state or from overseas, other arrangements can be made to progress your application for employment. It is recommended you create your application for your NSW Working With Children Check online prior to arriving in New South Wales. Once you arrive in New South Wales you will need to visit a Service NSW Centre to have your application verified. 

Have you seen our new Careers Facebook? Like us at Western NSW Health Jobs!