Forbes NSW 2871
Visiting Hours: 10am to 2pm and 4pm to 8pm
*subject to change, please check current restrictions
Lachlan health service consists of two procedural hospitals.
Forbes and Parkes Hospitals each have a capacity of 27 beds and 2 birthing rooms. Of the 27 beds, three are maternity beds and two are high observation beds. Both Emergency departments have five beds and one Resus Bay.
Lachlan Health Service provides:
- 24 hour emergency care
- Acute and subacute inpatient services including medical, maternity, rehabilitation and palliative care
- Minor surgical plus D.O. surgery including endoscopy, Laparoscopic surgery, Gynaecology surgery, obstetrics, ophthalmology, colonoscopy and gastroscopy and after hour’s emergency surgery cover
- Hospital in the Home is in early operation stages as well
- Diagnostic services including CT scanner, ultrasound, x-ray and pathology
- Outpatient services including renal dialysis (Forbes only) and infusion clinics
A range of primary and community health care and outreach services are provided to the surrounding villages including Healthy Lifestyles, child and family health nursing, dietetics, speech pathology, occupational therapy, psychology, social work, child protection, sexual assault service, Aboriginal health worker, palliative care, physiotherapy, community based nursing, women’s health nurse and various visiting specialists as well as mental health, drug and alcohol services.
There is also a large number of visiting medical services.
Town name: Forbes
Population: 8,432 (2016)
The Forbes Shire is one of the richest primary producing areas in NSW. Forbes is located on the Newell Highway and is 360 kms west of Sydney and 33 kms southwest of Parkes.
The township is picturesque and houses some of the most historic buildings and has a rich history from the gold rush days. There are a number of wonderful places to explore, eat, stay and shop within Forbes, something for the whole family to enjoy. It sits on the banks of the Lachlan River in the heart of the Lachlan Valley.