2 Morrissey Way,
Parkes NSW 2870
Visiting Hours: 10am to 1pm and 4pm to 6pm
*subject to change, please check current restrictions
Parkes and Forbes Hospitals each have a capacity of 27 beds and 2 birthing rooms. Of the 27 beds, three are maternity beds and two are high observation beds. Both Emergency departments have five beds and one Resus Bay.
Lachlan Health Service provides:
- 24 hour emergency care
- Acute and subacute inpatient services including medical, maternity, rehabilitation and palliative care
- Minor surgical plus D.O. surgery including endoscopy, Laparoscopic surgery, Gynaecology surgery, obstetrics, ophthalmology, colonoscopy and gastroscopy and after hour’s emergency surgery cover
- Hospital in the Home is in early operation stages as well
- Diagnostic services including CT scanner, ultrasound, x-ray and pathology
- Outpatient services including renal dialysis (Forbes only) and infusion clinics
- Midwifery Group Practice
A range of primary and community health care and outreach services are provided to the surrounding villages including Healthy Lifestyles, child and family health nursing, dietetics, speech pathology, occupational therapy, psychology, social work, child protection, sexual assault service, Aboriginal health worker, palliative care, physiotherapy, community based nursing, women’s health nurse and various visiting specialists as well as mental health, drug and alcohol services.
There is a large number of visiting medical services.
Town name: Parkes
Population: 11,408 (2016)
Parkes is strategically located 365 Km from Sydney and 296km from Canberra. Ideally situated along the Newell Highway, Australia’s major inland touring route, where it intersects with essential rail corridors, Parkes Shire area covers 5,919sq km. The Parkes Region boasts a diverse economy with strong industries including transport, mining, health care, tourism, agriculture and public administration. The Parkes Region is a great place to live and raise a family with affordable housing and great lifestyle, health services including a new hospital and quality educational facilities. Parke Shire has a Population of 15,148, of which 12,000 live within the township of Parkes. 9.5% of the population have identified as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.