Our 2020-25 Strategic Plan
We invite communities, organisations and key stakeholders across our District to read the Strategic Plan, to develop a better understanding of our high level priorities and goals.
The Strategic Plan On A Page document/poster is a useful summary document.
How do we use it?
Our Strategic Plan is a cornerstone of our planning framework. It is informed by the NSW State Health Plan and, in turn, it is a reference point for the annual priorities of the District, and the Clinical Services Plans developed across our services.
How does it effect you?
Our Strategic Plan is a high level response to the health needs of our communities.
When you look at our Goals and Strategies, what you see reflected are the issues, services, or capabilities we need to develop to help create healthier rural people and thriving communities.
What are the key features?
Our new Strategic Plan has four goals:
- Improved health and wellbeing of our people
- Meaningful gains in Aboriginal Health
- World-class rural health care
- One service across many places
A number of enablers support the implementation of the Plan:
- A strong and sustainable workforce, and a great place to work
- Well managed resources
- Data and analytics
- Infrastructure, technology and systems
- Productive partnerships & effective communication.
What was achieved from the last strategic plan?
The 2016-2020 Strategic Plan set us on a journey that the new Plan continues. Some of our achievements from that Plan include:
- Adult smoking rates have decreased by 18.7%
- We were the first Local Health District to commit to an Aboriginal Reconciliation Action Plan
- Safety Huddles are now practiced in 98% of our facilities
- We have reduced length of stays in hospitals, and have grown our Hospital in The Home services
- We established our Organisational Development Unit to guide professional development.
You can also download 2016-2020 Strategic Plan Highlights, which summarises some of the key outcomes from this strategic plan.