A A (02) 6809 8600

Emergency numbers

If you are currently experiencing an emergency, please call


More Emergency Numbers

Consumer and Carer Feedback Opportunities

Consumer and Carer Feedback Opportunities

C​onsumer and Carer Feedback Opportunities​

We welcome feedback from consumers and carers to help shape our services to meet the needs of the community.

People who use or have used Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Services and their families and carers have a lot of valuable information that can be shared to inform our service planning.

One way you can be involved in the development of Mental Health Drug and Alcohol Services is to complete a survey at yourexperience.health.nsw.gov.au​. We will use your feedback to help us with planning and delivering mental health services. You will need a code from the team you have the most contact, download the YES and CES Service codes document  to find the correct codes for your experience.

Consumer and Carer Partnerships

Sharing information and suggestions for improvement is called partnership. Some common things you may like to do if you a consumer or carer partner:

  • participate in a meeting with other consumers and carers
  • review documents or information sheets
  • help to provide education to clinicians or other consumers
  • participate in projects including quality improvement or research
  • hear more about what is happening in our services.

A good way to do this is to join the consumer and carer partnership mailing list. Download an expression of interest here or email wnswlhd-mhda-engagement@health.nsw.gov.au​ for more information.

Peer Workers

Peer Workers are employees of our Local Health District who have a lived experience of a mental illness or drug or alcohol dependency and are employed in various roles throughout our service. Peer Workers work alongside the clinical team to share information, skills and strategies to support your recovery and promote hope. Find out more about peer work​.

To get support from a Peer Worker, please contact your local mental health or drug or alcohol service or if you are interested in being a Peer Worker contact wnswlhd-mhda-engagement@health.nsw.gov.au.

Visit our Community Engagement web page for information about other engagement opportunities, including how to join a health council.