Caring for our women
Our Women’s Health Service is responsible for leading key priorities of the NSW Health-Women’s Health Framework 2013.
The Women’s Health Service provides equal, culturally appropriate access to evidenced based women’s health programs and health care services with a focus on early detection, illness prevention and health screening. The service is run by specially
trained Women’s Health Nurses and can assist females from puberty to menopause and beyond. Women from all backgrounds are encouraged to access our service including Aboriginal women, culturally and linguistically diverse women, women with a
disability and rural and isolated women.
- Free and confidential Women’s Health Checks, Screening and Health Information
- Access to specially trained Women’s Health Nurses in a comfortable, safe and relaxed environment
- Group education and health promotion on women’s health issues
For more information please read our Women’s Health Service brochure.
For an appointment or to speak with your local Women’s Health Nurse phone:
|Bathurst, Blayney, Oberon||(02) 6330 5677|
|Condobolin, Trundle, Tottenham, Tullamore||(02) 6890 1500|
|Cowra, Canowindra, Grenfell, Quandialla||(02) 5338 5500|
|Dubbo, Wellington, Coonabarabran||(02) 6809 8760|
|Forbes, Parkes, Peak Hill||(02) 6850 7300|
|Mudgee, Kandos, Coolah, Dunedoo, Gulgong||(02) 6371 9832 / 9833|
|Orange, Molong, Yeoval, Manildra||(02) 6369 3300|
|Walgett, Lightning Ridge, Collarenebri, Goodooga||(02) 6828 6000|
|Remote – Bourke, Warren, Trangie, Narromine, Coonamble, Gilgandra, Cobar, Nyngan, Brewarrina, Gulargambone||(02) 6809 8600|
Other key resources:
- National Cervical Screening Program The
National Cervical Screening Program currently recommends all women aged between 25 and 74 years who have ever been sexually active have regular Cervical Screening tests. Regular cervical screening is your best protection against cervical
- Cancer Institute NSWCervical, Bowel and Breast Cancer Screening.
- 1800 RespectNational Sexual Assault, Domestic & Family Violence Counselling ServiceConfidential information, counselling and support service. Open 24 hours to support people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse.
- Jean HailesJean Hailes for Women’s Health is a national not-for-profit organisation dedicated to improving the knowledge of
women’s health throughout the various stages of their lives, and to provide a trusted world-class health service for women.